Comal County Commissioners will contemplate approving much more construction venture transform orders and an settlement to board offenders from another county all through their weekly meeting on Thursday.
They will contemplate an additional $213,949 for the to start with modifications associated with Comal County Sheriff’s Business renovations that will merge the outdated county jail into the Fellers Regulation Enforcement Heart on San Antonio Avenue.
Most of it will go towards adding 20 new offices in lieu of county owned and set up cubicles.
The total will be subtracted from county contingency in the $12.434 million project, leaving it with $379,000 remaining. It does not alter the projected significant completion day, April 14, 2022.
SpawGlass Contractors, also in charge of that challenge, will see $19,850 subtracted from its job contingency in the Courthouse Annex venture, which will see the county’s share boost by a further $94,424 just after commissioners approve the 10th modify get for that task.
Former orders have elevated Annex renovations by $998,759 Thursday’s acceptance will maximize the value to $11.978 million but not influence the substantial completion date of July 12.
The county will think about an arrangement with Coryell County to residence its prisoners inside Comal’s new 582-mattress lockup, which was 62% occupied on Monday. In February, it authorized an agreement with Hays County to outsource up to 96 offenders as the county finishes increasing its 30-year-previous lockup.
The county is charging $65 for each working day for every single inmate it boards, $20 extra than it paid outside entities that boarded surplus Comal offenders at the overcrowded previous 337-bed jail that will before long be merged into CCSO’s freshly renovated headquarters.
Sheriff Mark Reynolds has mentioned the Texas Commission on Jail Requirements has established a 90% threshold for the highest range of offenders inside the facility. The county, awaiting delays in federal processing, however desires to full a detention services settlement with the U.S. Division of Justice to board U.S. Marshal’s Company offenders in the jail.
Following receiving the COVID-19 update, entertaining reviews from citizens and studies from county staffers and elected officials on goods of local community fascination, commissioners will also talk about and look at approving:
• Amended plats combining lots in portions of the Canyon Lake Hills, Inland Estates, Rocky Creek Ranch and Rebecca Creek Park subdivisions.
• Acceptance of concluded street and storm h2o drainage enhancements in seven models of Phase 3 of the 4S Ranch subdivision, settle for the roadways into the county street method for maintenance and releases of linked developer surety.
• Acceptance of concluded street and storm h2o drainage advancements in a single unit of the Park Village subdivision in Bulverde acknowledge the roadways into the county highway method for maintenance and launch of related developer surety.
• A ask for involving use of unclaimed home capital credits. Texas regulation permits counties to claim a portion of unclaimed cash credits originating from their county and use them for precise plans. The posted agenda did not suggest the agency with unclaimed credits or what reasons they would provide the county.
• Texas DPS Law Enforcement Guidance Office (LESO) 1033 Plan and Point out Prepare of Functions agreements in between the point out and the CCSO and the Precinct 3 constable’s business office.
• Employing Justice Court docket Engineering Money for the Precinct 4 Justice of the Peace’s invest in of an Elmo Document Digital camera.
Commissioners fulfill at 8:30 a.m. in Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Major Plaza in New Braunfels. Thursday’s assembly will be stay streamed to the public. To obtain the movie and assembly agenda, stop by www.co.comal.tx.us/agenda.htm.